The content published on this website (hereinafter "Website", including login destinations) is meant for use by website visitors (hereinafter "Website Users") who have entered into a basic transaction agreement with HONDA MOTOR CO., LTD. (hereinafter "Honda") for the sales of Honda General Purpose Engines (hereinafter "Products") as well as Authorized Honda Engine Service Shops that are under contract agreement certifying them as Honda power products engine service providers. Please make use of this Website only after you have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions below.
HONDA MOTOR CO., LTD.
Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions of use (these “Terms and Conditions”) are the rules and regulations for use of the content on this Website. Honda may, in its sole and exclusive discretion, amend any part of the Terms and Conditions at any time and without individually notifying you. If you use this Website after the Terms and Conditions have been amended, you will be deemed to have agreed to the amended Terms and Conditions.
Article 1: Application
The Terms and Conditions are applicable to Website Users, Honda and its affiliates.
Article 2: Limitation of Use
1. Honda shall restrict the use of this Website entirely or partially if one of the following is found to be applicable to the Website User, without any obligation to disclose such reason.
(1) If Website User is found in violation of the Terms and Conditions
(2) If Honda deems it inappropriate for the Website User to use this Website for any other reason
2. Honda shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the Website User as a result of Honda’s actions in accordance with this Article.
Article 3: Prohibited Use
Website Users shall not commit the following acts.
(1) Acts that violate laws, ordinances, and public morals
(2) Acts related to warfare, terrorism, and other crimes
(3) Acts of destruction or interference with the server or network functions of Honda or its affiliates
(4) Acts that interfere with the Honda’s operations or this Website
(5) Acts that infringe upon the personal information rights and intellectual property rights of Honda or third parties (including, without limitation, copying, modifying, distributing, uploading, reproducing in whole or in part, transmitting, licensing, selling and publishing)
(6) Acts of identity theft or impersonating someone else
(7) Acts of providing profits directly or indirectly to anti-social forces or criminal organizations in connection with the use of this Website
(8) Acts that are otherwise deemed inappropriate by Honda regarding this Website
Article 4: Termination or Suspension of Website Access
1. Honda may terminate or suspend access to part or the entirety of this Website in the event of the following occurrences without prior notice.
(1) When conducting computer system maintenance or updates regarding this Website
(2) When provision of this Website becomes problematic due to forces beyond our control, such as earthquake, lightning, fire, power outage, natural disaster, and others
(3) When computer operation or communication lines are interrupted due to an accident
(4) Any other case that Honda deems difficult to provide Website use
2. Honda shall not be liable for any disadvantages or damage incurred by the Website User or any third party in connection with any such termination or suspension of Website access.
Article 5: Disclaimer
1. In the event that these Terms and Conditions are deemed a "consumer contract" as stipulated in the Consumer Contract Act, Article 2, Paragraph 3, and Honda is deemed liable for damages by default or illegal act, the provisions of the Terms and Conditions that completely disclaim liability shall not apply.
2. In the cases that fall under Paragraph 1 of this Article (except those involving intentional or gross negligence by Honda), Honda shall assume liability for direct and actual damages incurred by the Website User, and shall not be liable for any of the remainder.
3. Honda shall not be liable for any transactions, communications or disputes among Website Users or between Website Users and third parties resulting from the use of this Website.
4. Honda shall not be liable for any disadvantages or damage resulting from the Website User’s or third party’s failure to comply with any precautions stated in the materials posted on this Website.
5. Honda and its affiliates shall not be liable to the Website User or any third party for the contents of websites linked to or from this Website ("Linked Sites") and any damage arising from using or not being able to use the Linked Sites.
6. Honda does not guarantee, and shall not be liable for not satisfying, any of the following statements.
(1) All of Honda’s sold products are listed on this Website
(2) All content on this Website is the latest content and is compliant with current laws and regulations
(3) All content on this Website is updated in accordance with changes in product specifications
(4) The computer system that hosts this Website is not infected by a computer virus
(5) This Website meets the needs of Honda’s sales partners
(6) In addition to the preceding items, the accuracy, completeness, certainty, usefulness, availability, safety, reliability and non-failure of this Website.
Article 6: Personal Information and Confidentiality
1. Honda may use the access log file in order to collect or analyze the variable statistical information, such as the tendency of usage of this website. Honda may obtain statistical site-usage information regarding the number of visits to this website and the length of users’ visits and so on. Such information gathering is not intended for the purpose of collecting personal information. Site-usage information shall not be treated as confidential information or proprietary information belonging to Website Users and shall belong to Honda.
2. Honda may administer surveys in order to collect or analyze the variable statistical information, such as the tendency of usage of this Website, and is not intended for the purpose of collecting personal information. Survey information shall not be treated as confidential information or proprietary information belonging to Website Users and shall belong to Honda. Please also note that Honda will not respond to any questions or opinions with respect to the survey or its results.
Article 7: Alteration or Discontinuation of Website
Honda may discontinue or suspend the operation of this Website, or alter the contents of this Website, at any time without any prior notice. Honda and its affiliates shall not be liable for any disadvantages or damage incurred by the Website User or any third party in connection with any such discontinuance, suspension or alteration.
Article 8: Amendments to the Terms and Conditions
Honda may, in its sole and exclusive discretion, amend any part of the Terms and Conditions at any time and without individually notifying the Website User.
Article 9: Notification and Communication
Notifications or communication between Website Users and Honda shall be done in accordance with methods determined and specified by Honda.
Article 10: Prohibition of Transfer of Rights and Obligations
The Website User may not transfer any rights or obligations provided under the Terms and Conditions to a third party without obtaining Honda’s prior written permission.
Article 11: Governing Law and Arbitration
1. This Website and the Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
2. All disputes, controversies or differences arising between Honda and its affiliates, and Website User, in connection with use of this Website or the Terms and Conditions, shall be finally settled by arbitration in Tokyo, Japan, in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the Japan Commercial Arbitration Association.